AuthorMessage
Xs
Spammer Noob - Level 0
Spammer Noob - Level 0

Number of posts : 5264

PostGame trailer: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Back to top Go down
http://www.destinycrew.com
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Game trailer: Star Wars: The Old Republic :: Comments

Re: Game trailer: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Post on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:36 am by DizordA
In the 90's I also used to play some old star wars games on my friends comp. Unfortunatley I dont remember which star wars games but I sure remember the good games themselves.
Post on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 pm by Xs
Dang ... I got the beta testing invite as well but I'm guessing the servers are insanely loaded since I can't get more than ~20kbps and with a 20 gig download on the way ... I don't foresee EVER getting done with it.

So I'll resume downloading NFS The RUN until the dvd's for this come out :-(

@Those who have downloaded it and are testers: SCREENS AND COMMENTS!
Post on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:50 pm by Devily
I'm still downloading (I'm not leaving it on non-stop), but I'm not having a download limit on it:
Post on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:32 am by -Miep-
i hate main asset 6 with its 13GB of data..started it two times, letting it run only when i was at the computer and both times i couldnt finish the dl until there was a new version out Very Happy

dammit, i cant wait for the faster net >.<
Post on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm by decebalvs
well, I was among the fortunate ones to test it. didn't get the screens though, I'll see if beta is still open and I'll get a few.

What can I say, if you like/love Star Wars you'll be hooked.
If you're neutral it looks to be a great game.
If you hate SW.. well then.. your loss..

I've only managed like 12-13 lvls.. something like starting base + a few more quests. I could have done a few more lvls but I tried to poke my nose around. Haven't gotten the chance to pvp.

Gameplay-wise: 4 classes: warrior, mage (force user), bounty hunter, agent..

each gets advanced class at lvl 10 (which is like in a few hours if you know your way around). Other than your regular mmorpg skill setup:3 tree skills, 3 proffessions. I think you can get more than one pet and there's a lot of customization going on. There are a lot of types of quests.. There's the social system (some kind of social ranking going on, where if you party up a lot and party-designed quests you get these ranking pts which allow access to various items), the pvp ranking system, and quite a few more..

I have the feeling I haven't completely discovered the control system.. it doesn't appear to be like Vindictus (combos and special moves for each mouse combination).

Later on you'll get flyin pod, even a ship.

Not much to say tho, I've played for maybe 10h..
I'll definitely give it a try. I'm a pretty decent SW fan so it's a huge bonus for me :)
Post on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 pm by Xs
decebalvs wrote:
well, I was among the fortunate ones to test it. didn't get the screens though, I'll see if beta is still open and I'll get a few.

What can I say, if you like/love Star Wars you'll be hooked.
If you're neutral it looks to be a great game.
If you hate SW.. well then.. your loss..

I've only managed like 12-13 lvls.. something like starting base + a few more quests. I could have done a few more lvls but I tried to poke my nose around. Haven't gotten the chance to pvp.

Gameplay-wise: 4 classes: warrior, mage (force user), bounty hunter, agent..

each gets advanced class at lvl 10 (which is like in a few hours if you know your way around). Other than your regular mmorpg skill setup:3 tree skills, 3 proffessions. I think you can get more than one pet and there's a lot of customization going on. There are a lot of types of quests.. There's the social system (some kind of social ranking going on, where if you party up a lot and party-designed quests you get these ranking pts which allow access to various items), the pvp ranking system, and quite a few more..

I have the feeling I haven't completely discovered the control system.. it doesn't appear to be like Vindictus (combos and special moves for each mouse combination).

Later on you'll get flyin pod, even a ship.

Not much to say tho, I've played for maybe 10h..
I'll definitely give it a try. I'm a pretty decent SW fan so it's a huge bonus for me :)

Thanks bro!
Im looking fotward to it a lil more now. :-)
Post on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:41 am by Devily
THE TESTING PERIOD IS OVER !!

Quote :
We hope you've enjoyed playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we look forward to seeing you when the game launches. But you don't have to wait until Dec. 20th to play again. Pre-order now for Early Game Access and you could start playing up to 5 days before the official launch of the game.

I didn't even get to finish the download, let alone try the game.
Post on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 am by -Miep-
well i've got a whole time beta account...got my new connection, loading with 2,5mb/s now, will have the game downloaded till weekend i guess :) from then on i'll post screenies
Post on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 am by Devily
Erm... I found this by searching on their forums and other websites (I also got that e-mail which I copy-pasted in my previous post) and as far as I got it, the testing period is over for everyone since 28th November (Monday). :P To play the game now you gotta wait till its official release in December (20th December for North America; 22nd of December for Europe, to be more specific), but you can pre-order it and play 5 days earlier than that.

They've held 5 beta testings, each of them during different week-ends and with different people, according to their Wiki page.

Quote :
Beta Weekend #1 took place over Labor Day (US) weekend and was a resounding success with 'every goal meeting or exceeding' Bioware's expectations.
Beta Weekend #2 took place October 7th through 11th.
Beta Weekend #3 took place October 13th through 18th, this was a smaller test however it also added New Zealander and Australian testers to the pool.
Beta Weekend #4 took place November 11th 5:00 PM central time to November 13th 11:59 pm central time.
Beta Weekend #5 took place November 25th 10:00 AM central time to November 28th 11:59 pm central time.
Post on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm by -Miep-
according to the forum post i just read on the official german beta-site the test is going on with the launch-build. but currently i cannot log into my account Sad downloaded the first bit of the client just some hours ago and now i cant got on :/
Post on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 am by decebalvs
well, I made some Screenshots after all, but they're all black. I found out the way to fix it after beta got closed..

it's just a link i found on their forum http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif%20Beta/

2nd one is a sith inquisitor, advanced into assassin

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/688/niceone.png

I was also inquisitor but advanced into sorceror.

If game comes with 30 days play included. I'll probably get it early January.
Post on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 pm by -Miep-
i started playing yesterday, got everything sorted^^ only got to lvl 8 by now, screenshots will come when i got some time for posting them Very Happy
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am by -Miep-

this is the first little screenie i made during my 3 day ( Sad ) test period. only got to lvl 11 but i have to say, that even only playing the beginning was awesome. played a jedi knight and at lvl 10 switched to DamageDealer fighting with 2 sabers (dont know the english name, played on german in the beta)
will post more screens once i got more time :)

peace out
Post on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:25 am by Silverado
Hey guys, got 3 free 7 days trial invites if any1 wishes to give it a try pm me. Hope I see some of you soon.

Game trailer: Star Wars: The Old Republic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion