HomeCrewCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mafia II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
theanalyzer
Noob Student - Level 1
Noob Student - Level 1
avatar

Title : Maker of Porn
Reputation : 308
Number of posts : 1362
Location : Pillar of Autumn

20090913
PostMafia II

Release Date: February 28, 2010



Quote :

The game will contain two hours of in-game cutscenes. The original game, Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, had a screenplay of 400 pages, opposed to the 700 pages of the sequel. Daniel Vávra, the writer and director of the original and the sequel, discussed the new angle of the game stating: "The old game was a tribute to gangster movies, a romantic vision. Mafia 2 is grittier, real, a darker world, and the effects are based in reality." The Official Playstation Magazine states: "A high body count is still promised in this tale set in a fictional city 'inspired by' New York of the 1940s and '50s, but those casualties will come the hard way -- through small-scale operations rather than mass firefights."

Super Gfx, hope gameplay will be the same or better!

Godfather was suxxx infront of Mafia, never bothered with Godfather 2 :S
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Mafia II :: Comments

avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:56 am by -x-Evolet-x-
is there godfather 2?
gimme a link
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 am by theanalyzer
-x-Evolet-x- wrote:
is there godfather 2?
gimme a link

http://www.amazon.com/Godfather-II-Pc/dp/B001GGO1FW
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:16 am by -x-Evolet-x-
lol
now gimme $40
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:21 am by theanalyzer
-x-Evolet-x- wrote:
lol
now gimme $40

here

avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 am by rinmotoka
hahahah good one Hasnain

also very good tip on the game it looks awesome
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:39 am by DizordA
I loved the first game except the end on it but I hope this game will be atleast as good as the first one.
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 pm by JuGReeZy
Finished Godfather 1&2,Didnt buy ofc,Bulgarian Torrent sites ftw xD
So about this one....will see,sometimes the trailer is fine and gameplay is fkd'up^^
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:57 pm by theanalyzer
rinmotoka wrote:
hahahah good one Hasnain

also very good tip on the game it looks awesome

i watched the HD trialer on gametrailers.com and the realism is by far the best ive seen, character modelling (faces), fx etc

Satanhas wrote:
I loved the first game except the end on it but I hope this game will be atleast as good as the first one.

lol, i remember the last part which was the museum fight ^^

but then the shocker came, classic mafia ending .... boom boom , was depressing lol but it made the game complete Very Happy

Lead Game Designer is the same, but game developers and publishers are different this time round

so long as gameplay is tolerable, what matters next is the game environment ie music & storyline
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:30 am by [zmaster]
-x-Evolet-x- wrote:
is there godfather 2?
gimme a link

The_Godfather_II(By_SPG_UF)]Godfather2 Game!

Godfather2 Crack if the one inserted doesnt work!!

UTorrent If you need!
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:11 am by DizordA
Hasnain wrote:

Satanhas wrote:
I loved the first game except the end on it but I hope this game will be atleast as good as the first one.

lol, i remember the last part which was the museum fight ^^

but then the shocker came, classic mafia ending .... boom boom , was depressing lol but it made the game complete Very Happy

Lead Game Designer is the same, but game developers and publishers are different this time round

so long as gameplay is tolerable, what matters next is the game environment ie music & storyline

Yea back then I didnt have a comp so I always played at a friends home. He's favorite character was paulie (?) and my favorite was Sam (?). Those who played the game knows why I didnt like the end.

I also didnt like the end in the 1950's...
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:26 pm by theanalyzer
[zmaster] wrote:
-x-Evolet-x- wrote:
is there godfather 2?
gimme a link

The_Godfather_II(By_SPG_UF)]Godfather2 Game!


OMG UF is involved in pirating :O :O

hehe jkjk

the only game ive bought was SpellForce Platinum Very Happy (had all three Spellforce in one :d)

PakiCD/DVD ftw! XD

Satanhas wrote:
Hasnain wrote:

Satanhas wrote:
I loved the first game except the end on it but I hope this game will be atleast as good as the first one.

lol, i remember the last part which was the museum fight ^^

but then the shocker came, classic mafia ending .... boom boom , was depressing lol but it made the game complete Very Happy

Lead Game Designer is the same, but game developers and publishers are different this time round

so long as gameplay is tolerable, what matters next is the game environment ie music & storyline

Yea back then I didnt have a comp so I always played at a friends home. He's favorite character was paulie (?) and my favorite was Sam (?). Those who played the game knows why I didnt like the end.

I also didnt like the end in the 1950's...

1950's end = lawn mowing/newspaper end?

how many ends did u encounter? Oo
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 am by DizordA
I meant the last parts of the game.

First I meant when you kill Sam

Then the 1950's end when you get killed.
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:26 am by theanalyzer
oh right lol, the final fight is between sam and tommy xD
avatar
Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:21 am by Xs
I'm not too impressed with this trailer to be honest, there is a ton of drama in there and I suspect the game will be full of that but other than a short history lesson in Mafia ways I don't perceive any true and legit entertainment value from this game. The trailer however I thought I'd share so you guys can give the rest of us your feedback too :) ( Mafia II Trailer from E3 2010 )

Expected worldwide release date for Mafia II (according to the trailer) 27th August 2010



Last edited by Xs on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:27 am by theanalyzer
Cant wait for Mafia II myself, the first one rocked!

I had the OST too :P

other trailer here http://destiny.mo-rpg.com/games-f70/mafia-ii-t1925.htm ^^
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:32 am by Xs
theanalyzer wrote:
Cant wait for Mafia II myself, the first one rocked!

I had the OST too :P

other trailer here http://www.destinycrew.org/games-f70/mafia-ii-t1925.htm ^^

EEEeeeekkkk good find ... and both of em belong in the same post ... (merging threads now)

Edit:
Topics merged, Thanks for spotting it Analyzer!
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:41 am by theanalyzer
np Xs :P, been waiting for this release a long long time ... still have the tunes at the back of my mind
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 am by Xs
theanalyzer wrote:
np Xs :P, been waiting for this release a long long time ... still have the tunes at the back of my mind

hahaha No worries ...

psst ... get a little more proactive with new information and material and you can get your own section too :P besides I'm currently working on the rules that'll enable everyone to EARN a section in the user section ... :P
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 am by DizordA
First game was completly awesome!!! I really hope this game turn out atleast as good.
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:31 pm by Silverado
Mafia 1 was awsome both story and controls and ofc the action seen thetrailer and the gameplay of this 1 looks even better also the time change ingame will be great too new weps and looks after a bit of gaming.Hope there will be some choice options in it but if its a fix storyline wont matter the game itself should be a nice chalange.

P.S Dont rly bother with GF 2 guys major dissapointment in my opp.Less movement option then in the first 1 less buisnesses to take over the only good thing in that is that you make your own famaly now and can chose crew members that go fight with you other than that nothing special.I'd rather wach the movie :-)
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:21 am by theanalyzer
Quote :



2K Games announced today Mafia II will have a downloadable demo available worldwide on August 10 for the PS3, 360, and PC. The game itself is set to be released on August 24 in North America, August 26 in Australia and August 27 internationally.

Here’s a description of what you can expect from the demo:

The Mafia II demo invites gamers to dive into the “Buzzsaw” level, where Vito and his buddies, Joe and Henry, are sent to take out a mobster known as “The Fat Man”. While the epic game spans two decades, the Buzzsaw demo takes place during the summer of the ‘50s – a time considered the “Birth of Cool”, and with it, rock ‘n’ roll, hot rods, and rebellious attitudes. The demo showcases the type of vibrant edge-of-your-seat action, as well as a slice of the expansive city of Empire Bay in the colorful era.



avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 am by DizordA
FFS that like 30 more days to wait just for a demo
avatar
Re: Mafia II
Post on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 pm by theanalyzer
Glad Tidings! \o/

Download the demo from steam!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/50130

ETA of Full game is : 2 weeks according to Steam ^^

Btw, I never used Steam ever..... is it a free service? I want to download the demo, and it seems that Steam is the only place -.-


edit: found a download link, 11 parts -.- sucky file sharing service Sad

filesonic.com/en/folder/363c14e23be15f4a

got from Youtube description, so cant guarantee if legit or clean.
Re: Mafia II
Post  by Sponsored content
 

Mafia II

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum