_Angelica_
Noob Apprentice - Level 4
Noob Apprentice - Level 4

Title : Pinky and the Brain
Number of posts : 893
[9D](Acclaim) : ArchAngely
Me? : Me?: I overthink things

PostAtlantica Online Germany

You'll right if you thought "what? Atlantica online in Europe?". YES! It's the launch of the European Atlantica online. Much better ping for Europeans BUT it's in German. NDOORS said that they'll try for the future to make more clients for different languages but for now it seems it's the only one in Europe. Your NDOORS usernames work in Germany too but you must activate them on their website. Start of the open beta is the 21st of October at 6PM (CET). It's a different client (older than the USA version) and on the official site there was no mention of the Janissary nor the B class mercs. Musicians will also come later. This game is already in 6 other versions in SUA, Thailand, Thailand, Korea, China and Japan and now comes the 7th Germany.
Wikipedia page for info.
Official site for more info :)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Atlantica Online Germany :: Comments

Re: Atlantica Online Germany
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 am by DizordA
So its only in german language?
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 am by _Angelica_
yes. but do Swedish ppl not know german
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 am by DizordA
Well... swedish and german language looks the same sometimes but still...

+ I dont know german because I decided/got forced to study french instead which I also doesnt speak anymore...
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 am by _Angelica_
maybe the swedish version will be next on NDOORS's agenda :)
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 am by [GM]Invoker
hmmm... lucky me Very Happy
but i won´t play on that server, cause its german... i really dislike playing mmorpg on german servers or talking german in mmorpgs, with tons of little german kids!
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm by patriota_PL
German lang.. uhh why not English...
Post on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 pm by _Angelica_
@Invo
This game has a more adult community compared to most MMORPGs... Most kids like FPS, action, hack and slash MMOs. More adults like strategy, tactical MMOs.

@patriota
don't know... maybe they saw that more people logging in from german speaking countries logging into Atlantica Online than other countries from europe... Or maybe that was the condition of the germans for running the game in europe... Most likely there will be more clients for more languages who can log on to the same servers in Europe (like it is the case with PW CS, or how the european Perfect world is called) but they don't release them at the same time yet. Also i don't know why there isn't a release of the german AND english version if they wanna do the multi-client thing but like i already said, this could be a condition from the germans (they go first and the rest will follow).
Post on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 am by patriota_PL
Most people playing tactical FPS are adults because something like brain is required to survive in here.
This condition is senseless in economical way but okay...
Post on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:25 pm by [PT]
Ah man..i dont understand nothing of German lol just english portuguese and a bit of french lool
Post on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:15 am by _Angelica_
patriota_PL wrote:
Most people playing tactical FPS are adults because something like brain is required to survive in here.
This condition is senseless in economical way but okay...

well i have two friends who play crossfire and just because they are really good, nearly everyone who plays against them blames them as being hackers and kicking them of the game. To me that is not a adult like behavior...
Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:38 am by _Angelica_
btw, if you register to the open beta German version of this game and don't like it, you get from NDOORS 15 EURO. It's kind of a money back guarantee without giving money in the first place...
So hurry, hurry, hurry! Start of the game will be tomorow at 18 o'clock CET (GMT+2 atm... GMT +1 when without DST). And, if you want, you can set ArchAngely as referer.

EDIT 1: T - 8 hours
EDIT 2: T - 6 hours
EDIT 3: T - 4 hours, 40 minutes
Post on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 pm by _Angelica_
lol... i made it an a guild here on the german version... It's called DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!
And btw, the german version is up to date and not an older version as i supposed by seeing the game info on the website... Maybe can get the members to sign up and then we could have our own section (at last).
Post on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 pm by DizordA
Bring em here and make DESTINY grow!
Post on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 am by _Angelica_
So... Till I get enough people on the forum to get a new Atlantica Section, I write here some general things regarding the game and the guild. More intimate details later in our section when we can discuss matter more privately.
At first I want to correct my first post here because I thought that the German version would be just an older version of the game but I see now that it's a nerfed version in fact… Nerfed meaning that it has all the graphics and utility things from the US version (except for the latest patch from there) but there are missing higher level quests, level cap is 100, even though you can craft everything that is also in the US version. I think it's because of the fact that it's a new client and server and there is no need for more high level content if there are no high level players yet.
As ca casual player I have little time for playing during the week and on weekends only in the evening (or later). I still try to adapt to the new crazy market… Small animal bones are being sold for 1 gold when in the US version I made a lot of profit with them selling those for 1299 gold (or 1199… I don't remember exactly). Also there are fluctuations that if used on time you can make much money (dragon crystals for instance were one day ~89000 the piece and the other day I sold some for 349000 the piece). Like I said, I'm a bit confused by the rapid changes in the market right now…
During the week, most of the time when you see me online I'll be crafting or ABFL-ing. But whisper me if you need anything because I'll check regularly the pc.
Oh and one more thing… for those who weren't online last night when I said it on the chat, register on this forum and post a little greeting in the introduction section to be known by the community and also for me to figure out who is from atlantica. We need to be at least 10 active atlantica members on the forum to get the section. (with my 120kg, I think I can convince xs that I count as two so we need at least 8 more Razz ).
Post on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:54 am by WarMir
Do You own a Town already ? XD
Post on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:02 am by _Angelica_
i wish... i don't see any town to be owned yet... But i hope that we'll do it in the not so far future as soon as we can organize ourselves and do some guild dungeons or training sessions for guild points. But for that i need them to come here, register and talk to figure out when and how we can do all this. In-game chat is not enough.
Post on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 am by Sheerayo
Boy, I kinda love this game. In fact, I see my WOW- Orc Shaman in it's high end gear looking at my Level 43 Rifle Man, in Atlantica, with jelousy. :) Better make sure, they will never meet. Wink

I will create a Macro today that I will regularely spam the guild chat with, telling people to come here and register. I hope they won't demote me for spamming. xD
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:32 am by WarMir
Ok iam goin back to Atlantica
I hope this version is in English too ?
erm
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am by _Angelica_
there is just an german client atm for the eu server...
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:35 am by [GM]Invoker
i remember when i used to play 9d on japanese server, i just had to take some language files from acclaim´s 9d and copy&paste into 9d jap folder...

isnt the same possible for your games?
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:49 am by _Angelica_
well, i guess it's possible but the thing you did in 9D Jap was made by professionals (even if fans but still professionals). If someone would really look into it, i'm nearly 100% sure that it would work.

Quote :
I will create a Macro today that I will regularely spam the guild chat with, telling people to come here and register. I hope they won't demote me for spamming. xD

You're not demoted yet, and the registering rate is inexistent till now... I guess your macro isn't working right :)
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:29 pm by [GM]Invoker
_Angelica_ wrote:
well, i guess it's possible but the thing you did in 9D Jap was made by professionals (even if fans but still professionals). If someone would really look into it, i'm nearly 100% sure that it would work.

i just had to go to my 9d folder, copy&past the file called NDTEXT_US.XSD rename it to --> NDTEXTDB_JAP.XSD and put it into japanese folder... you don´t have to be a pro to do this :))

i am also 100% sure same thing should work in atlantic, you can look for files (sounding like language files) in your atlantice folder...
Post on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 pm by rinmotoka
WarMir wrote:
I hope this version is in English too ?
erm

hey come on War... get back to JD Very Happy
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:00 am by _Angelica_
[GM]Invoker wrote:
_Angelica_ wrote:

i just had to go to my 9d folder, copy&past the file called NDTEXT_US.XSD rename it to --> NDTEXTDB_JAP.XSD and put it into japanese folder... you don´t have to be a pro to do this :))

i am also 100% sure same thing should work in atlantic, you can look for files (sounding like language files) in your atlantice folder...
I know that this was the first step. 9D Jap was far beyond the acclaim version the time i used to play it. Beside this copy/paste operation there was also a team of 9D fans who translated many, many, many lines from Japanese to English and then integrated these in the language file. There were many quest-lines, items, NPCs, and other things that were not covered by the English language file from acclaim. The time i played 9D Jap, this copy/paste solution translated ~60% of the game. Other 25% was made by fans. 15% was still in Japanese but that was not important info.
But i guess Atlantica US version is almost the same as Atlantica EU version... I guess it might work... I'll try to do this.

rinmotoka wrote:
hey come on War... get back to JD
No chance baby. He is MINE now dragonevil dragonfire

edit 1: wow... i downloaded the client (almost 2gigs) in ~4 minutes :)
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:46 am by _Angelica_
overwrite from the english version the whole LANG directory to the german version.
Now change the following file names:
under DUI\Data:
ChatOrderInfo_ENG.ndt to ChatOrderInfo_GER.ndt

under Font:
SAPPHIIM_1025.ttf to SAPPHIIM_1025G.ttf

under FxSound (and here's alot...)
everything that ends with eng to ger

in fact everything that is with ENG should be changed into GER

in the patchInfo i didn't overwrote the patchinfourl.ndt

Is there a program that can change just the last 3 letter on every file automatically?

For some reason there are GER and GRE files in the TextAni. I deleted them and copied the eng files... There are also two additional files in the german folder... i let them be

i didn't had the opportunity to try it out... i have to leave the house but when i come back and get online i'll tell you if it works or not.
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 am by [GM]Invoker
_Angelica_ wrote:

I know that this was the first step. 9D Jap was far beyond the acclaim version the time i used to play it. Beside this copy/paste operation there was also a team of 9D fans who translated many, many, many lines from Japanese to English and then integrated these in the language file. There were many quest-lines, items, NPCs, and other things that were not covered by the English language file from acclaim. The time i played 9D Jap, this copy/paste solution translated ~60% of the game. Other 25% was made by fans. 15% was still in Japanese but that was not important info.
But i guess Atlantica US version is almost the same as Atlantica EU version... I guess it might work... I'll try to do this.

edit 1: wow... i downloaded the client (almost 2gigs) in ~4 minutes :)

ok, you were right i forgot about that part...

I´ll finally get my internet back by the next week ( im internet less since 10th september), even if i don´t like chess & german servers... i´ll try atlantica

and feel free to ask me if you need something to be translated from atlantica forum or so...
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 am by _Angelica_
_Angelica_ wrote:

For some reason there are GER and GRE files in the TextAni. I deleted them and copied the eng files... There are also two additional files in the german folder... i let them be

and now i know why... i forgot to patch the english version before getting the lang files...

_Angelica_ wrote:

i didn't had the opportunity to try it out... i have to leave the house but when i come back and get online i'll tell you if it works or not.

Now i did and it works!!!
Atlantica on English client and German server!!! Great ping and more ppl from DESTINY will start playing atlantica!!!!
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:27 am by [GM]Invoker
nice! and is it translated well, or is it just something 60%ish like in 9d jap?
Post on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 am by _Angelica_
~97-99.9%. After all the language files come from the more updated version.

P.S.
[GM]Invoker wrote:
i´ll try atlantica
Put ArchAngely as referer please. Sever midgard.

WarMir wrote:
You too!
And maybe Sat... DizordA too and then we'll gonna have a party, party, party! and we're gonna the competition!
Post  by Sponsored content

Atlantica Online Germany

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum