[9D](Acclaim) : -WarMir-
[C9] : WarMir
[JD] : WarMir, Warrie
[ME] : WarMir,Warrie
[FW] : WarMir,WarrMir
Me? : War&Peace

PostBattle of the Immortals

Quote :
Battle of the Immortals is an Action MMORPG with a strong emphasis on hardcore PvP.
CB start 10.02.2010

http://boi.perfectworld.com/

Battle of the Immortals :: Comments

Re: Battle of the Immortals
Post on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 pm by DizordA
I dont like the looks of that game...
Post on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 pm by D3von
For some reason i kept seeing World of Warcraft Instead of Battle of the Immortals, and couldnt see otherwise unless i concentrated a little
Post on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:50 pm by [PT]
im going to play that game..the graphix arent so good..but im gonna try it..alrdy have the key..now just w8 lol
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am by yEti
Here are some gameplays of this game.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjI5MzA2Mjg=.html
http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2857886o1p10.html
Enjoy.
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:00 pm by [GM]Invoker
2.5D
Post on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm by yEti
[GM]Invoker wrote:
2.5D

Hmm first when i saw this game and was informed that it will be 2.5D, I thought too (). But when I just watched this pvp videos , the camera didnt seem so locked at all.
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:29 am by yEti
Here is amazing mount system! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7Cz9ZDPew&feature=related
Enjoy.
Post on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 am by yEti
Sry for triple post , but finaly PWE bring first official gameplay trailer for Battle of Immortals. Enjoy.
Post on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:22 am by [GM]Invoker
Quote :
Dear asdf,

The battle is about to begin!

On April 13th , we will be launching the Battle of the Immortals Closed Beta.

You can begin downloading the Battle of the Immortals CB Client from the following link:

Download Battle of the Immortals

Note: You will not be able to log into the game until April 13th at 11:00am (Pacific Time).

While waiting for the beta to start, be sure to check out the BoI website for all the latest news, guides, and video developer diaries!

Gear up and get ready, there is $1000 worth of cash up for grabs! Check out the BoI Closed Beta Events here.

Welcome to the BoI family! See you in-game on April 13th!

- Perfect World Entertainment

im not gonna play it... some mofos addicted me to WoW and iŽll play that untill FW releases.
Post on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm by kawaii87
i wonder why pwe got good games?
Post on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:57 am by Yao
The game engine is a trojan. If you don't know what you are doing with your PC then don't play this game.

So that's one of the other reasons they push back the game 2 months - to add support for the trojan in x64 and Win7.
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:26 am by Shekk
Rootkit like gguard or just a user-level malware downloader ? ^^
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am by patriota_PL
In other way... if you dont have quantum computer... don't get it. BTW This game looks DISGUSTINGLY ugly
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm by Yao
Shekk wrote:

Neither, it just contains an obfucsated backdoor hidden inside.

Now you know why they market the game as "Paid 2 Play". They want you to run the game 24/7 so they can do god knows what in your system.
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm by patriota_PL
Isn't that illegal? And against international law?
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 pm by WarMir
Yao wrote:
Shekk wrote:

Now you know why they market the game as "Paid 2 Play". They want you to run the game 24/7 so they can do god knows what in your system.

Oo It sucks.
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:33 pm by Yao
WarMir wrote:
Yao wrote:
Shekk wrote:

Oo It sucks.

You can't prove it because it is obfuscated. If they are questioned, they'll simply say that they are protecting their property from hackers. Also read their TOS, it is written in such a way that they can get away with it even if you prove that they could do illegal activities on your computer.
Post on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:45 pm by patriota_PL
Wow wow wow. Than we should make European Comission to get involved as they can prove anyone that he is illegal... No, seriously if they publish it worldwide they can be investigated by EU. BTW does PW have it only in 1 game? BTW stealing info from smb PC is never legal...
Post on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:43 am by rinmotoka
the first game that Yinnie it's advising against :) well I for one I wont install it until further notice :)
Post on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 am by WolfCry

booo... BoI is almost the same as all MU. zhyperMU kaimasMU and etc. same graphic... were playing MU 3 years ago. so gonna rmb things :)
Post on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:23 pm by WarMir
rinmotoka wrote:
the first game that Yinnie it's advising against :) well I for one I wont install it until further notice :)
Agree...
Post on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:06 pm by WolfCry
hehe. creezy game. just CB started Very Happy
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 am by jaffu22
awsome game imo,little confusing with 2 many things at the beggining but once u get it a lil its awsome!!!! wolf come duel me nab
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 am by WolfCry
hehe. Very Happy dong trials now ftw Very Happy
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am by theanalyzer
Yao wrote:
The game engine is a trojan. If you don't know what you are doing with your PC then don't play this game.

So that's one of the other reasons they push back the game 2 months - to add support for the trojan in x64 and Win7.

why do you say that? from AV popups or some link? (if link, source pls - i couldnt find any)

also, for 9Dragons, i get a "acting like Keylogger" msg from Kaspersky
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am by kawaii87
sad................................ =x
die PWE
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am by Yao
theanalyzer wrote:
Yao wrote:

why do you say that? from AV popups or some link? (if link, source pls - i couldnt find any)

Send the game.exe to http://virustotal.com; it is obfuscated code so only advanced antivirus engine can detect it.

And if you still don't believe me, open it up in any debugger and look at its import table. Of all the games that I ever played (and I've played a lot), there has never been a game that uses SetWindowsHookExW and CallNextHookEx. Any program that uses these functions are up to something no good.

9Dragons uses GameGuard which itself is a rootkit ie: also a trojan.
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm by theanalyzer
Yao wrote:
theanalyzer wrote:
Yao wrote:

Send the game.exe to http://virustotal.com; it is obfuscated code so only advanced antivirus engine can detect it.

And if you still don't believe me, open it up in any debugger and look at its import table. Of all the games that I ever played (and I've played a lot), there has never been a game that uses SetWindowsHookExW and CallNextHookEx. Any program that uses these functions are up to something no good.

9Dragons uses GameGuard which itself is a rootkit ie: also a trojan.

As for Virustotal, it can be a false positive. If you can upload the exe, Ill try Anubis on it. Doubt for a clear result as the exe probably wont run due to missing files. I wont argue on the functions , seems you know more than me about that Oo. Feel free to explain if you wanna .

Quote :
SetWindowsHookExW is exported by user32.dll. The SetWindowsHookEx function installs an application-defined hook procedure into a hook chain. You would install a hook procedure to monitor the system for certain types of events. These events are associated either with a specific thread or with all threads in the same desktop as the calling thread

Quote :
CallNextHookEx is exported by user32.dll. The CallNextHookEx function passes the hook information to the next hook procedure in the current hook chain. A hook procedure can call this function either before or after processing the hook information.

Im guessing its some code to monitor and look out for cheat engines?

Taking a shot in the dark...so many programs use packing code used similar to the ones used by trojans. They are detected as false positives too. I dont think PWE would be willing to take a risk like this o.o

But while GameGuard can technically be called a trojan, it isnt ofcourse. Dont tell me your thinking GG might be doing something malicious too ^^
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm by Yao
SetWindowHookEx is the easiest way to hook itself into OS so that it can do anything to the computer. From keyloggers, to files monitor, to sockets, depending on what you are hooking into, you have total access.

The main concern is actually the obfuscated code. Because it is obfuscated, it is not possible for us to be able to tell what they're hooking and what it is doing on our system.

They can claim that they're hooking to check the presence of debugger only (which by the way can be done by using other less intrusive methods), but anything can be hidden inside, and we have no way to find out.

The bottom line is, do you trust some chinese coders using dangerous functions like SetWindowHook when you run their program 24/7?

Comparing to other PWE games, where you can look at the game engine entirely and check for anything suspicious (there's nothing by the way in PWI, JD, ESO, and KungFoo); BOI is really out of the ordinary.

As for GG, it has total control of your system when it is running. They can even format your PC remotely from GG server if they want to. GG is a known rootkit; there is no deny about that. If you running a game with GG, you are under the mercy of the GG coders. If they have something against you, they can do anything to your PC.
Post  by Sponsored content

Battle of the Immortals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum