Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WarMir
Certified Noob - Level 0
Certified Noob - Level 0

Number of posts : 2442

PostBattle of the Immortals

Quote :
Battle of the Immortals is an Action MMORPG with a strong emphasis on hardcore PvP.
CB start 10.02.2010

http://boi.perfectworld.com/
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Battle of the Immortals :: Comments

Re: Battle of the Immortals
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am by Yao
theanalyzer wrote:
Yao wrote:
The game engine is a trojan. If you don't know what you are doing with your PC then don't play this game.

So that's one of the other reasons they push back the game 2 months - to add support for the trojan in x64 and Win7.

why do you say that? from AV popups or some link? (if link, source pls - i couldnt find any)

also, for 9Dragons, i get a "acting like Keylogger" msg from Kaspersky

Send the game.exe to http://virustotal.com; it is obfuscated code so only advanced antivirus engine can detect it.

And if you still don't believe me, open it up in any debugger and look at its import table. Of all the games that I ever played (and I've played a lot), there has never been a game that uses SetWindowsHookExW and CallNextHookEx. Any program that uses these functions are up to something no good.

9Dragons uses GameGuard which itself is a rootkit ie: also a trojan.
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:15 pm by theanalyzer
Yao wrote:
theanalyzer wrote:
Yao wrote:
The game engine is a trojan. If you don't know what you are doing with your PC then don't play this game.

So that's one of the other reasons they push back the game 2 months - to add support for the trojan in x64 and Win7.

why do you say that? from AV popups or some link? (if link, source pls - i couldnt find any)

also, for 9Dragons, i get a "acting like Keylogger" msg from Kaspersky

Send the game.exe to http://virustotal.com; it is obfuscated code so only advanced antivirus engine can detect it.

And if you still don't believe me, open it up in any debugger and look at its import table. Of all the games that I ever played (and I've played a lot), there has never been a game that uses SetWindowsHookExW and CallNextHookEx. Any program that uses these functions are up to something no good.

9Dragons uses GameGuard which itself is a rootkit ie: also a trojan.

As for Virustotal, it can be a false positive. If you can upload the exe, Ill try Anubis on it. Doubt for a clear result as the exe probably wont run due to missing files. I wont argue on the functions , seems you know more than me about that Oo. Feel free to explain if you wanna .

Quote :
SetWindowsHookExW is exported by user32.dll. The SetWindowsHookEx function installs an application-defined hook procedure into a hook chain. You would install a hook procedure to monitor the system for certain types of events. These events are associated either with a specific thread or with all threads in the same desktop as the calling thread

Quote :
CallNextHookEx is exported by user32.dll. The CallNextHookEx function passes the hook information to the next hook procedure in the current hook chain. A hook procedure can call this function either before or after processing the hook information.

Im guessing its some code to monitor and look out for cheat engines?

Taking a shot in the dark...so many programs use packing code used similar to the ones used by trojans. They are detected as false positives too. I dont think PWE would be willing to take a risk like this o.o

But while GameGuard can technically be called a trojan, it isnt ofcourse. Dont tell me your thinking GG might be doing something malicious too ^^
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:14 pm by Yao
SetWindowHookEx is the easiest way to hook itself into OS so that it can do anything to the computer. From keyloggers, to files monitor, to sockets, depending on what you are hooking into, you have total access.

The main concern is actually the obfuscated code. Because it is obfuscated, it is not possible for us to be able to tell what they're hooking and what it is doing on our system.

They can claim that they're hooking to check the presence of debugger only (which by the way can be done by using other less intrusive methods), but anything can be hidden inside, and we have no way to find out.

The bottom line is, do you trust some chinese coders using dangerous functions like SetWindowHook when you run their program 24/7?

Comparing to other PWE games, where you can look at the game engine entirely and check for anything suspicious (there's nothing by the way in PWI, JD, ESO, and KungFoo); BOI is really out of the ordinary.

As for GG, it has total control of your system when it is running. They can even format your PC remotely from GG server if they want to. GG is a known rootkit; there is no deny about that. If you running a game with GG, you are under the mercy of the GG coders. If they have something against you, they can do anything to your PC.
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm by [PT]
who is play BoI? im there too
IGN: Eclipse
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:09 pm by jaffu22
PT this cb finish on 30 april so dont play hardcore mode^^
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm by theanalyzer
i didnt like the camera angle controls >.< .. very limited

also reminded me of another 2d mmo i played long back :S
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:01 pm by [PT]
lolz only till 30 april? .. that sucks xD
Post on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:43 pm by yEti
Was waiting this game for so long... But when it came I don`t know what to say... This game have a lot of new and undiscovered things and gameplay is really nice but this game needs more skills. Anyway I don`t like one thing, that BOI is based on quests not grind.
I think I`ll just wait Heroes of Three kingdoms or FW :)
Post on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 am by theanalyzer
theanalyzer wrote:
i didnt like the camera angle controls >.< .. very limited

also reminded me of another 2d mmo i played long back :S

(quoting myself:P)

these kinda games are known as 2.5D games (not 3D)

thought i'd share the info :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5D
Post on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:47 pm by [PT]
i alrdy knew :P
Post on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:39 am by kraash
Yao, I guess theres no news about that trojan huh?

Are you playing this game now? If so can you tell us what did you do to protect urself?

If ure not playing can we get a tip what to do to protect ourselfs (if its possible ofc)? Can we block that file(s) with firewall or something?

Game seems nice and Id like to try it but after ur warnings im not sure what to do.

Cheers and ty,

D.
Post on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm by WarMir
kraash wrote:
Yao, I guess theres no news about that trojan huh?

Are you playing this game now? If so can you tell us what did you do to protect urself?

If ure not playing can we get a tip what to do to protect ourselfs (if its possible ofc)? Can we block that file(s) with firewall or something?

Game seems nice and Id like to try it but after ur warnings im not sure what to do.

Cheers and ty,

D.

Well at 99% He is not playing this because You know why (trojan and better games to manage)n000000000000000000000000000b :P (sry i could not resist ;P my Friend)

ps. Come, even try Atlantica Online nab.
Post on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm by Yao
LOL, if you are waiting for them to announce anything about this "trojan", then you won't ever hear about it.

As I said before, the nature of the obfuscation prevents anyone from determining if there is really a trojan at all; and even if there is one, it is not possible to detect it unless it is active.

I, for certain, will not run anything like this for long periods; I did run it in VMWare for about an hour or so to check it out, and haven't touch it ever since.
Post on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm by kraash
@ War - xDxDxD and yeh, mb i could for real give atlantica one more try (cant remember why i droped it before oO)

@ Yao, nah im waiting for you to annonounce smth, not them xD

Okies, ty for the information. Ill stay on the safe side, its not like i REALLY want to play that, just wanted to check it.

Regards!

D.
Post on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:11 am by theanalyzer
Quote :

We've been collecting a ton of feedback from our players and last night, we delivered! Yesterday, we updated BoI with the following changes:

WASD Movement - You can now use the WASD keys to move your character around the game world.

TAB Targetting - Originally the ~ key, you can now use the TAB key to easily target monsters around you

Revised Key Bindings - B will now open your Bag, M will now open your Map, P will now open the Party Interface. Check out our website for the complete list of remapped keys!

In-Game Font Updated - The font in-game has been completely revamped for better readability.

Huge Localization Update - A large amount of text in the game has been completely redone for better clarity.

Tradable Soul Gear - We have now enabled level 45 Soul Gear attained via the Dragon Emperor Catacomb to be traded. This should make the availability of this armor much better in-game.

In-Game Bot Removed - We have removed the in-game bot and we are currently looking at tweaking content above level 60.

We hope you enjoy the various changes we've made so far, and we still have a long way to go! Log in and check out these gameplay changes today! Open Beta begins on May 4th! Prepare for battle!

Post on Sat May 08, 2010 11:29 am by FireSile

Mount !~

Playing with some transformation pots ^^

Post  by Sponsored content

Battle of the Immortals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion