theanalyzer
Noob Student - Level 1
Noob Student - Level 1

Number of posts : 1362

PostAPB - All Points Bulletin

HD Trailer
Spoiler:

Quote :
APB (All Points Bulletin) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcers and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, creator of the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds. It is due to be released on June 29 2010 in North America, followed by a July 1 release in Europe and July 2 in the United Kingdom.

Quote :
The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city of San Paro where there is a constant battle between "Enforcers" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong.

Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all that influence the game itself. For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.

Last edited by WarMir on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected typo)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

APB - All Points Bulletin :: Comments

Re: APB - All Points Bulletin
Post on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:18 am by Silverado
Its in third person. Well gl to all that can play it I get a bunch of error reports once the world loads so until some memory is in my pc no gaming for me.
Post on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm by theanalyzer
WarMir wrote:
Hmm its only 5 hours of play at all...?

lol... 5hrs game play and after unlimited gameplay in social district -.- (where you cant kill bah)

Silverado wrote:
Its in third person. Well gl to all that can play it I get a bunch of error reports once the world loads so until some memory is in my pc no gaming for me.

can you show a ss of the error? o.O maybe gfx related? driver issues?
Post on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 am by FireSile
i got lag ... my pc sux ... so i guess i won't play >.<
Post on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:09 am by Silverado
Sry got pissed and the game recived the boot.But pretty sure it was some graphics issue maneged to load the game 1 time but instantly crashed at the tutorial zone.Ahh well until I get some upgrades in pc the game is off limits for me.
Post on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 am by WarMir
Nah this game sucks...
Post on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:27 am by Devily
I played it for 3h today. Completed the Tutorial zone, entered the Social Center zone to customize my clothes and so and finally, tried out the action zone as well. Very Happy I didn't take any screenshots yet 'cause the PrintScreen button didn't work and xfire doesn't detect the game. Apparently, you use Pause Break button to take ss in-game so guess I'll do that next time I'll log.

The graphics aren't as good as I expected, even tho' I've set all on max. My PC passed all tests except for my CPU, but I had no problems with it, just a few minor lags. However, there are graphic bugs (which remind me of the ones from GTA xD).

The missions are quite interesting at the beginning. I played as a Criminal and they were according to my faction. However, after a while, when you get in the action zone, they are kinda starting to repeat... Like: go spray some walls, go take over an area (and when I got that mission, I actually thought I'll get to shot a bit, but you just have to stand a few seconds on the marked area XD), go break in somewhere, go deliver something, etc... And they keep repeating randomly. At least, that's how it was for me till now. Of course, you get missions to kill Enforcers (players from the opposite faction) and you can collect bounties from them, but I didn't try that yet.

I enjoy the interaction, tho. You can rob citizens, steal cars, kill people, etc. Just like in GTA. However, you can also interact with players. I'm not sure what's happening when you do that, I haven't tried it yet. I did team up with another Criminal once tho to do a mission and he came and picked me up with his car. We failed the mission, anyway. XD Driving a car in-game is kinda tricky 'cause controlling goes berserk from time to time (at least by me).

Anyway, they make a huge mistake by limiting the players' time especially since it's only in the beta stage.
I will come back with screenshots later or tomorrow. :)
Post on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:45 pm by Devily
Screeeenshoooots!! ;D

My current customization

Other customized clothes

Close-up on my character's face

On a mission, driving xD

In the Social Center (graphic problem was by me)
Post on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm by theanalyzer
nice pix darck. i finally got mine downloaded. loaded it up and ran it at full settings.

but i got a problem too... the game seems to be running in accelerated mode LoL

anyway, it was annoying, probably need a fix before i spend the 5 hrs i got

here's a screenie :P

edit: they increased game time to 9 hrs Very Happy
Post on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm by Devily
Nice char. :) And awesome! Thanks for letting me know about the game time change. ;D
Post on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 am by theanalyzer
lol so lame, key to city beta ended -.-

problem was Realtek related
Post on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 am by Devily
Such a failure... xD I didn't play lately, I'm too hooked up on SUN, but seriously... The way they manage the game... I mean, do they really think they'll get crapload of money outta it? People barely got to try it, do they think that they're just gonna buy it already? Tho', yah, I guess there are such people out there too. For me, it's not really worth it. :/
Post on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:30 am by theanalyzer
Quote :

The cops and robbers game from troubled Scottish developer Realtime Worlds might set the record for the shortest-lived MMO, as All Points Bulletin shuts down after a mere two and a half months in operation.

APB officially launched in North America on June 29, welcoming Enforcers and Criminals alike to the dangerous streets of the fictional city of San Paro. With one of the deepest character creation systems I've seen in any massively multiplayer game, I was sure this online Grand Theft Auto was destined for great things.

This was not the great thing I had in mind. Community Officer Ben Bateman posted a final goodbye to players today on the game's official website.

APB has been a fantastic journey, but unfortunately that journey has come to a premature end. Today we are sad to announce that despite everyone's best efforts to keep the service running; APB is coming to a close. It's been a pleasure working on APB and with all its players. Together we were building an absolutely amazing game, and for that, we thank you. You guys are awesome!
The farewell is followed by messages from the development team, expressing their disappointment over the closing and praising the game for the ambitious project it was.

I can't say this wasn't expected. Developer Realtime Worlds faced massive layoffs last month before going into administration, sort of the UK equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization.

We extend our condolences to the loyal players and programmers of APB. It truly is the end of a painfully short era.

The servers are still up, so be sure to drop by and party like the world is ending, because it is.

http://kotaku.com/5639860/apb-closes-its-doors-after-less-than-three-months

In other news, Epic Games plans to buy ABP. Developers spend over $100 mill for this game :S

Hopefully they will make if F2P if it gets resurrected ^^
Post on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:32 am by theanalyzer
Good reading for those interested:

http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong/

http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong-part-2/

http://lukehalliwell.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/where-realtime-worlds-went-wrong-part-3/

Anyone knows who was 9Dragons first publisher for US?
Post on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:51 am by WarMir
for US was Acclaim, for EU was Persistent Worlds.
Post on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:32 am by theanalyzer
Ahh, I probably got confused with the "worlds" part
Post on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 am by D3von
BUMP!

As I was browsing around randomly on the 9Dragons forums i stumbled upon the following announcement:
"GamersFirst picks up APB, plans to re-release as free2play in first half of 2011 http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/"

And so I just couldn't resist but revive the topic and say that the new Publisher of 9Dragons will be publishing APB as F2P Surprised
Post on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am by DizordA
ABP paying system was just a big failure. I havent heard of a game with a worse system.

F2P might save them unless they find a new way to f@ck it up.
Post on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 am by Devily
Woot!! I'm looking forward to it! The game really has potential, but it just wasn't managed good enough. Let's see how G1 handles it. Wink
Post on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:38 am by WarMir
APB Reloaded from GamersFirst.

Quote :

You're one of the first to be invited to sign up
for the Closed Beta launch of APB: Reloaded! Sign up today for your chance to be
a Closed Beta tester. Remember, if you don't sign up, you won't have the chance
to be one of the first to take back the mean streets of San Paro.

When
you sign up, we'll make sure you receive the latest APB news, including
information about restoring your old character.

See you in-game,

The APB: Reloaded Team

Post on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:32 am by Silverado
Got that mail too War have to tell got me curious with the f2p system. If we learned anything from ME faliure is that devs can always start smting good and meange to skrew it up entirely so I wont get my hopes up just yet.
Post on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 am by WarMir
I remember in CB there was alot of lag, i could not fully enjoy gameplay.
Post on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:35 am by Devily
I just got my CB key through e-mail! You should check your inboxes in case you plan to try the game out. =D
Post on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 pm by D3von
Devily wrote:
I just got my CB key through e-mail! You should check your inboxes in case you plan to try the game out. =D
Actualy... http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=119502
Seems that they are only sending e-mails to those who were beta testers with Realtime Worlds for now.
Post on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:11 pm by Devily
Oh, ok. I don't really check their forums.

I filled in the application form for CB. Let's hope I get accepted. Very Happy
Post  by Sponsored content

APB - All Points Bulletin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum