HomeCrewCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 looking for team... FW development!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fw3dev
Guest



20100818
Postlooking for team... FW development!!

Hello,

I am looking for people who are interested in creating a Forsaken World Private Server. If you have any interest in the upcomming game (english ver.) let me know. We have tons of money to invest in a great host. We have a vent for communication. Thanks for reading, have a great day!




fw3devghost@gmail.com

Ghost
X

Disclaimer by Xs wrote:

At the time of this post DESTINY guild, or these forums have nothing to do with this project. Our sincere thanks to the individual who posted this message for sharing their vision with us. We wish them our best.

Whoever wishes to help out in this project does that on their own responsibility. We do encourage you to ask questions if you wish to do so. We also encourage you to participate if you wish to do so. However, DESTINY does NOT endorse this project in any way at the time of this post.

More about this Disclaimer below in the post by Xs


Last edited by Xs on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Disclaimer added by Xs)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

looking for team... FW development!! :: Comments

Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 am by fw3dev
email edit.... fw3devghostx@gmail.com
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 am by [GM]Invoker
is this some kind of fake ?
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 am by DizordA
Should I delete it and mark it as spam?
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 am by fw3dev
what do you mean a fake? This isn't a joke.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 pm by [GM]Invoker
okay so then it would help a lot if you would share some more informations.

like who is that " we " ?
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:11 pm by fw3dev
At this time, I will not add any additional details to this site. If you want more info please contact me via email.

Ghost
X
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:12 pm by Xs

Addition to the Original Post above is.

Quote :
At the time of this post DESTINY guild, or these forums have nothing to do with this project. Our sincere thanks to the individual who posted this message for sharing their vision with us. We wish them our best.

Whoever wishes to help out in this project does that on their own responsibility. We do encourage you to ask questions if you wish to do so. We also encourage you to participate if you wish to do so. However, DESTINY does NOT endorse this project in any way at the time of this post.

More about this Disclaimer below in the post by XsAt the time of this post DESTINY guild, or these forums have nothing to do with this project. Our sincere thanks to the individual who posted this message for sharing their vision with us. We wish them our best.

Whoever wishes to help out in this project does that on their own responsibility. We do encourage you to ask questions if you wish to do so. We also encourage you to participate if you wish to do so. However, DESTINY does NOT endorse this project in any way at the time of this post.

Reason for adding this disclaimer is simple. DESTINY reaches out to many people and through the last few years many people have come to trust the DESTINY name and we cherish that trust in our collective.


As for a non-administrative input on the matter.

1. Thanks for sharing your vision with us fw3Dev, best of luck for your team.

2. I would recommend you to NOT post your email address in the post since this is a publicly visibile area of the forum. (non-members can see it too) So its not exactly "secure" or "private".

3. For those who wish to participate in the project I simply have a few (minor) recommendations to ensure your security.

a. Don't use your "usual" password. Many private servers are not secure and the admin can see your password. (We can't. we can only change it, not see it)

b. Don't use your "usual" email address. In the event of this being a scam (though I have no reason to believe it is) it would simply be adding your email address to a spam list (no use comes from that unless you are looking for penis enlargement (even if you are a woman).

c. Help these guys out if you can. No harm can come of that. However, I would recommend you take precautions regarding your own data/computer safety and security regarding such an endeavor.
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 pm by fw3dev
Thanks for protecting your viewers. It goes to show that DESTINY cares alot about what is posted on this site. My post is very stright forward, I am simply looking for people interested in Forsaken World, even if you just want to play the game on a private server. The email I have posted is strickly for this project and has nothing to do with anything else. This project is still aways off; however, X and I would like to get things going now. Thanks agian.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm by Xs
fw3dev wrote:
Thanks for protecting your viewers. It goes to show that DESTINY cares alot about what is posted on this site. My post is very stright forward, I am simply looking for people interested in Forsaken World, even if you just want to play the game on a private server. The email I have posted is strickly for this project and has nothing to do with anything else. This project is still aways off; however, X and I would like to get things going now. Thanks agian.

Always a pleasure mate. Given the email address itself, I guessed as much, but still wanted to ensure that my post addresses concerns both sides have.

Also, yes I picked up on the post being very to the point and effective, which is why it didn't hit the trash the second I saw it. Thanks for keeping it that way.

Always a pleasure, and I hope we can be of help.
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:52 pm by fw3dev
I don't want to seem ignorant, but this site is more of a guild website or a general community?
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm by Xs
Fair enough question :)

It WAS guild oriented at its conception. Presently, the website audience play lots of different games and the website is more community oriented now. (if you talk about its "members")

Thanks to Google Analytics, I can safely say we have a 30% (average) New visits ratio thanks to search engines and a surprisingly low bounce-rate given that fact.

Yes, one you become a member more sections become public, as loyalty `n familiarity increases, more sections open up.

Hopefully that answers your query.

So tell us more about this project of yours. After all, that the real purpose behind this post ain't it?
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm by fw3dev
There is a long story behind all of this. A while ago when Jade Dynasty "english ver." was about to hit closed beta, my wife and I chose to leave Perfect World to try JD. Two weeks before CB opened we created a guild called Insanity. During the course of closed beta, our guild Insanity learned just about everything we needed to complete our goals come open beta. Insanity was created with just a few core values... honesty, trust, respect, and of course the desire to own everyone and everything that was PVP/PK or in JD fort wars related. Shorty in open beta Insanity took down the seige boss to get the 3 tickets needed to attack the fort. We attack the fort and won. Insanity was the FIRST guild on all of the JD game servers to take the fort. Insanity at the time was the only guild on the billows server to know how to attack the fort and very easliy could have farmed the seige boss to prevent other guilds from being able to attack our fort. Insanity was better than that so we didn't farm the boss and let Elysium the second best guild get the seige tickets to attack us. They got the tickets and attack our fort for 3 days. On the first day, Elysium had about 46 people and Insnaity had about 50. During the first day Elysium was unable to take down any of our towers. Day 2 of the war, Elysium had 42 people and Insanity was very short with only 29 people. Elysium was able to tear thought most of our outside defense, they broke down the main gate. Now at the end of day 2 they are right where they need to be to win the war. After the day 2 battle Insanity leaders had a leader-ship meeting to discuss how we are going to hold off Elysium. At this point we all believe we are doing fine and can hold them off. Day 3, Elysium once again has us out numbered, however we came very determined to win. Our guild followed the leader-ship to the very end and we held Elysium off very easily. The Fort in JD however was bugged and a pet that had the extinguish skill could take down a tower/the main gate down in matter of 40-60 seconds depending on the lv of pets skill. When Insanity first took the fort it took 50+ people + the forts rock guys that players can control to take down the fort witch took about 20mins. We did contact the GM's serveral times after day 2 when we found out about the bug, from Elysiums players bragging about how they knocked our main gate down in no time at all. The GM's did watch the final day "day 3" and said we will fix it. They took thier sweet ass time. Insanity's leaders got very frustated with the game and chose to play somthing else. Insanity's leaders chose to let Elysium have the fort, and quit the game. I as one of the leaders saw the game as broke and choose to go back to Perfect World.

A few months later just living my life playing games with my wife we found out that we were pregnant and was going to have a baby. I kicked into gear started working on getting a job and get ready to be a dad. Some very loyal Insanity members followed my wife and I to what ever game we played. Hanging out on Fake Perfect World we got the idea to create a JD private server. We looked on elite pvp got the files and started working on the project. We picked up a brilliant person who did 99% of our translations from chinese to english. We in a very very short time started Zu Xheng "JD" private server. We were very popular and got a Cease and Desist letter with-in the first month of getting started. We continued to work long hours on getting the server going. During all this my wife was 8+ months pregnant. I got a job working for Cox Communications as a field tech. Zu Xheng servers went live on a closed beta "alpha test". Server always being at capacity we needed to upgrade our host. We did and started working on the capacity limit. I then got another cease and desist letter, with them having all my info. We terminated our project after being the first fully translated 100% english JD private server. I made a huge mistake and I have learned alot from this mistake.

Now for this FW project... I have a stable job, wife and son are great. We are doing well with our life, but we are bord with all the current games out there and want something to do. I want to finish what i started, I want to have a sucessful FW private server that isn't about making money. I want to provide the players in the world with a fun, safe and freindly server that can be enjoyed for years to come. I hate cash shops and hate how over powered players can get when they spend 5000$ on a game.

I have to go for now, if you want more info on my plans or intensions email me... fw3devghostx@gmail.com

Ghost
X
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:28 pm by [GM]Invoker
well im very interested in this game, cause its one of a few (inbetween of that trillions of other in 2010 releasing) games that has potential, Iīm waiting for itīs release since like march, and I didnīt play any other game, because iīm all FW horny.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am by WarMir
hmm interesting...,
btw. We made Eclipse in JD and We got a Fort as first Guild on EU.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 am by WolfCry
Well i were in Insanity from my Game beggining and i remmber everything wery well :)
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 am by FireSile
fw3dev wrote:
A few months later just living my life playing games with my wife we found out that we were pregnant and was going to have a baby.

1. i couldn't help my self with this quote.

2. could you say more exactly for what you need people

as an example : i need people with good skills in C++ or HTML or other stuff ...

because you can't be more vague than this ... " i need people " ...

avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am by theanalyzer
fw3dev wrote:
I want to provide the players in the world with a fun, safe and freindly server that can be enjoyed for years to come. I hate cash shops and hate how over powered players can get when they spend 5000$ on a game.

Thats a noble cause :P

Hmm how do you go about the hacker issues? Did any of your private servers had hacker protection?

I think there is a monthly service fee for having an anti-hack shield, so do you end up paying from your own pocket for the service o.O
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:40 pm by Xs
the best anti-hacking mech is GMs running around ... which works out to be free ... a decent firewall on the server system would prevent hacking mostly ...

BTW ... since we are talking about private servers ... you guys need to poke our very own Triss ... He has run PW servers (ended game and moved on) ZX servers and I think a JD server too at one point ... all private ... and all limited to our members (he was in a good mood at that time)
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm by WarMir
XS wrote:
you guys need to poke our very own Triss

Yeah, He done alot of AMAZING Work, let people have a Real FUN.
I explored new Worlds thanks to Him Very Happy
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 pm by fw3dev
There will be a anti-hack protection, witch we use will depend on the needs and what hacks could be used and created.

As for exactly what i need for coders/C++ or HTML I will post on that when i know for sure.

Right now basically just simply looking for people who have any back ground in being a part of creating a private server. GN/codes at this time don't matter much. If you have experince in RE/packing let me know. If you have worked for or done work on Perfect World please let me know.

Thanks

Ghost
X
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm by Xs
Well in that case I'd like to be the first to point in the direction of our resident expert [/url=http://www.destinycrew.org/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=15]Yao[/url] He's had many forums nicknames through the years so it gets hard for us to keep up at times :P We've known him as
- Yinn in 9D days (and yes he's one of the founders of DESTINY)
- Triss in PW days
- Yao Since the days of ZX

Your best bet would be to PM him so he gets notified of this matter in-case he wishes to indulge himself. Though he has been rather busy for some time now with real world things so I doubt he'll be able to indulge in the project BUT thats nothing more than speculation on my part.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm by Xs
Yes there is a reason for me making this a separate post :P

Though I'm reasonably certain you guys know your way around forums and all. If you wish, we could set up private sections for you on these forums so that you could use this as a base of operations.

Areas can be hidden from non-members, (like they are) and then security can also be setup to include access limited to groups (like it is right now).

But hey, thats your call. I'm just trying to be helpful :)
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 pm by fw3dev
Thanks, I will contact him. I myself work long hours during the week. I mainly have the money to provide a great host, and anything else needed. I will keep that vauge since it depends on each game. My wife however stay at home with our son and has tons of time on her hands. I honeslty look for respectful and trustworthly people to help run the server, and the game community does most of it themselfs. As I have stated before, most private server are created to make side money. That is in no way my intension.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:54 pm by Xs
fw3dev wrote:
As I have stated before, most private server are created to make side money. That is in no way my intension.

Take one guess as to why I'm being nice? :))

THEN apply the same guess to understand why people here are being good.

-----------------

Bah fine, I hate keeping a secret.

Some of us (including me) realize that there is no such thing as a F2P game. The host claims its F2P however, like you said earlier shugging out a stash of cash at the item mall = you win. Sadly, the F2P games are designed to create that lack of balance.

Imho, P2P games are better that way. Everyone pays up and everyone gets a fair chance at the game. There are many P2P structures too, but at the end of the day a player waving money at the host doesn't make them a winner, skill and dedication does play a role in that :P
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 pm by fw3dev
Quote :
Imho, P2P games are better that way.

I 100% agree!! My first real MMO was EverQuest, and to this day I still can't find any P2P or "F2P" game to compare in all areas. I know someone will quote me on this and say something about EQ's graphics, but in EQ's prime the graphcis were top notch and still are compared to 95% of "F2P" games. World of Warcraft is overall a great game. Now let me talk about JD, PW, basically all PWE games.

Perfect World - They make the game require almost no cash shopping from lv 1-70 and you can get there quite easily. After level 70 it can get tougher if your not well geared, dedicated players can still get to level 90 with ease just alot of hours invested. After lv 90, unless you farm HH/TT and sell mats for charms, dolls, and all the other required things for PK you just can't afford it. If you are a hard core PvPer in PW, JD you are almost required to cash shop. You of course could be a NO-Lifer witch is fine if you can do that. But with that being said there is no balance.

I think Perfect World is overall one of the best MMO's ever created and think if they were P2P they would do just as well as EQ did and WOW is still doing.

Anyways thanks for being nice.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:11 pm by Xs
Hehehe yeah ... I've heard alot about everquest, quite a few players of it around. Tried guild wars? As I've been nagged about it by a friend of mine and the P2P status of it seems rather interesting. From what I've been told, you buy the game and thats it. No subscription fees or anything. How they run the expenses for the servers is beyond me but the overall MMO aspect of it seems rather to the point with not much time wasted on killing NPCs pointlessly.

fw3dev wrote:
Anyways thanks for being nice.

Don't tell anyone I was being nice! They'll never believe you! Its not my MO :P
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 pm by fw3dev
LMAO. Guild Wars i played at first just couldn't keep my attration after i hit 20. I didn't go any further after i got the best gear and there wasn't anything to do. I stopped and went back to EQ. That's all i really experinced with GW.
avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:16 am by FireSile
Xs wrote:
Don't tell anyone I was being nice! They'll never believe you! Its not my MO :P



the evil monkey is watching youuuuuuu.....i'm just sayin' .....



avatar
Re: looking for team... FW development!!
Post on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 pm by Yao
FW private server ain't gonna happen any time soon, unless you have inside connection in China.

PWE is not going to make the same mistake the 3rd time. FW will be their jewel for at least a year.

I've done PW private server; I've done ZX/JD private server. I've done JD Ascension private server; all of which possible because the server files got leaked from China.

You can forget about emulations.

So good luck with your effort; you will need a lot of it.
 

looking for team... FW development!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum