HomeCrewCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

MMO: Player Rights: Should 'Gay' Be Banned in Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deadplayer
Pro
Pro

Number of posts : 1

PostMMO: Player Rights: Should 'Gay' Be Banned in Game?

Quote :
Gothix, a Dragon's Call(http://dc.gamedp.com) player, was absolutely pissed off by [GH] Haze, a player volunteer, due to the action of muting him in game. Furthermore, Gothix thinks Haze has a strong discrimination for the whole gay community. Gothix is very sensitive about this kind of problem in game. He decided to give the whole GH(Game Helper, player volunteers) team and Dragon's Call an official warning after he found out that he could not even type the word "Gay" in the world chat (The word "Gay" is in the in-game filter). He stated that even Blizzard had received a Gay Rights Warning in order to tell Dragon's Call official this was a serious problem. Also he reminded everyone that the Gay Pride Week 2010 was coming soon.

Necessary or unnecessary?

Last edited by Xs on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (Edited Subject to aptly suit post) By Xs)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

MMO: Player Rights: Should 'Gay' Be Banned in Game? :: Comments

Very good question.

I'll touch on it briefly (while others also respond) and if the need arises I'll divulge into a elaborate sequence of discussion points into this matter.

1. Before I get into the details for my response, there are a few things I'd like to clarify.

a. What is Gay?
Lets refer to wikipedia since the people of the world refer to it and think of it as an authentic source.

I'll reserve my opinions about it for another day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay wrote:
The term gay was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy"; it had also come to acquire some connotations of "immorality" as early as 1637.[1]

The term's use as a reference to homosexuality may date as early as the late 19th century, but its use gradually increased in the 20th century.[1] In modern English, gay has come to be used as an adjective, and occasionally as a noun, referring to the people, practices, and culture associated with homosexuality. By the end of the 20th century, the word gay was recommended by major style guides to describe people attracted to members of the same sex.[2][3] At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. When used in this way, the extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has been debated.[4][5]

b. Basis for claiming discrimination.
The predominant perspective for someone claiming any kind of discrimination is because of the concept that all humans are equal. Even though EU laws prohibit teaching creationism stating that "all things are equal is a dangerous concept and grounds for terrorism".

2. Discrimination against homosexual people.
Agreed, there shouldn't be any discrimination against them, at all. However, at the same point in time, there shouldn't be any discrimination against heterosexual people either. right?

Under the same "all are equal" concept. Is it politically correct for you or me to do one of the following?
- is it correct to call an african american "nigger"?
- is it correct to call a korean/chinese "gook"?

The reasoning is simple. They proved that regardless of the difference in the visual features they are just as much of the same species and they suffer no deformities of any kind.

Science and genetics has also allowed us to understand that these apparent differences are primarily due to the changes in evolution due to the climate around these people. Thats on a tangent so I won't get into that more here.

I do however have a few questions!!

a. Do African Americans, Koreans, Vietnamese, Caucasians, Aryans all have the same genetic structure (basically) and vital organs making them part of the same species?

Trick question. The correct answer is "yes".

b. Do men and women have genetic and vital organ similarities making them part of the same species?

Yes again!

c. Differences between men and women exist in some biological areas, are they still the same species?
Yes, one is the female of the species and thus has one role to play in procreation while the other is male having a separate role to play in procreation.
The procreative process of the species has similarities to symbiosis at its early stages. H
No other difference between the 2 genders of the species, thus, they are equal.

d. What is the difference between heterosexual and homosexual species?
Heterosexuals use sex as a means for procreation and in some (often discouraged) cases as pleasure, the partner of choice is of the other gender.
Homosexuals use sex as a means for pleasure, partner of choice is the same gender.

e. So homosecuals do not procreate?
They can not.
Artificial insemination can happen however the other gender is still used for this process.

f. Is their any scientific explanation as to why homosexuals prefer the same gender?
Yes. however NONE ARE CONCLUSIVE.
Most apt explanations tend to lie in psycology often dealing with 1 overbearing parent or the extreme lack of the other gender, often caused due to the vagabond behavior of the military forces.

g. So can one conclusively say that homosexual people are equal to heterosexual people? same genetic organs and DNA.

Yes. Same species same rights.

h. If a heterosexual person has a psychological disorder, does the community join in or help straighten things out?
Depends, It can change from sending the person to a mental institution to simply seeking out cures and sorting things out for the person.

i. So if homosexuality is a disorder (non-conclusively), are they treated as equals?
No. Homosexuals do not want to be cured. This is in sync with many other disorders too however the community at large finds it ok because 2 girls making out is fun and if guys are stupid enough to not enjoy that they can F*** each other and the population doesn't seem to care.

3. Yes, The word gay is considered offensive to that homosexual community. Since it meant immortal and happy before homosexual do they want me to think of them as immortals?

are they happy?

was a gay guy's mother over bearing? how did that make him feel?

was a lesbian's father not man enough for her approval? how did that make her feel as a child?

4. Yes, this is me NOT getting into details :P

5. The ban.

a. too far out.

b. imho, the gay people should be sent to shrinks. including lesbians.

c. calling something gay and that being an insult is stupid. they call each other that don't they? is that an insult?

was calling someone gay in 1500 an insult?

was calling someone gay in 1900 an insult?

No!

d. However, "evolved" law thinks people being gay is ok. and they have their rights and they should be allowed to marry too. Why, I don't know. They sure as hell can't procreate.

6. Yes I'm finished (at this point) my conclusions are.

a. Lesbians look nice, and all women should be lesbian, then all us men would do is stare at goats.

b. gay people are wrong. I'm homophobic. they should just do each other. Less competition for me with the ladies.

c. I'M ALL FOR GAY RIGHTS!!! TONS OF LESBIANS AND LESSER COMPETITION BETWEEN ME AND THE LADIES???? WOOT!

=============
With ref. to point (6) sarcasm is intended.
Re: MMO: Player Rights: Should 'Gay' Be Banned in Game?
Post on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:30 pm by _Angelica_
I can't belive how much i agree with you on the WHOLE post. I usualy tend to find something in everyones long post so i can say that i dissagree with that but i can't find anything in yours...
You da man!
_Angelica_ wrote:
I can't belive how much i agree with you on the WHOLE post. I usualy tend to find something in everyones long post so i can say that i dissagree with that but i can't find anything in yours...
You da man!

haha thanks mate ... I'm hoping someone points out bugs in the perspectives I've elaborated that way, if there is a need, I can dig deeper into these perspectives.

Its a learning experience for me too, these walls of text that I occasionally come up with.

MMO: Player Rights: Should 'Gay' Be Banned in Game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com