Number of posts : 1110
[9D](Acclaim) : -Devily- (Darckly)
[C9] : Devily
[JD] : Devily, Apocrypha
[FW] : Devily
Me? : Narcissistic & Mean

PostStar Wars: The Old Republic - Free 2 Play

Originally Posted by SWTOR

Starting this fall, there will be two different ways to play Star Wars: The Old Republic:

Subscription — A service designed for players who want unrestricted access to all the game features via ongoing subscription or by redeeming a Game Time Card. In addition to gaining access to all game content as our current subscribers do now, subscribers will receive ongoing monthly grants of Cartel Coins, the new virtual currency that will be introduced later this fall. Cartel Coins can be used to purchase valuable in-game items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience.[

Free-To-Play — The first 50 levels will be Free-to-Play, with restrictions on access to new content and advanced player features. Some restrictions can be "unlocked" with Cartel Coins.

As the first step towards adding the new Free-to-Play option this fall, Star Wars: The Old Republic will go on sale in August for $14.99 USD, including one-month of free subscription.

Current and former players will also find additional benefits as part of this program. BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August. In addition, current subscribers will receive Cartel Coin grants and qualify for access to special in-game items. Even former players who re-activate now will qualify for special benefits. To learn more about these rewards, please visit www.StarWarstheOldRepublic.com/FREE.

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

Today we are excited to announce that the global launch date of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play option will be November 15, 2012. This release will be simultaneous across all of the territories and countries The Old Republic™ is available.

If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!

Additionally, we are extending the Rewards Program! All former subscribers who reactivate their subscription by the new date of December 20, 2012 at 11:59pm CST will be granted Complimentary Cartel Coins for their prior paid months up to November 15, 2012. For more information on all of the rewards you could potentially receive, visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.

As always, be sure to check StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for latest updates and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Anybody gonna give it a try?

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Free 2 Play :: Comments

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Free 2 Play
Post on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:09 pm by -Miep-
me! even though i kinda struggle dling the patch, but once i figured that out im gonna play my sith guy Very Happy
Post on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 am by Xs
damn I'm a little intrigued
Post on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:47 pm by Devily
Star Wars: The Old Republic Free to Play Launch Trailer

P.S.: the female voice in this trailer sounds exactly like the female Shepard from Mass Effect!
Post on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:23 am by -Miep-
well...i just took a short look and discovered, that for example crafting has to be paid for...atleast getting the mats is restricted to 1 of 3 and for the rest you have to pay...doesnt make it worth playing for me :/ but maybe ill check the story or sth
Post on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:50 am by Devily
Yeah, I also heard that there are many restrictions to the F2P option. Some say that it shouldn't even be called F2P, it should be called a demo. XD
Post on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:11 am by -Miep-
Well i havent seen that much of it to tell that Very Happy but sounds crappy^^ but im not too dedicated to play it, so popping some money into it isnt worth it
Post on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am by Devily
Well, I'm currently trying it. I've downloaded it over night and now I made a Sith Warrior. I'm playing on the English PvE server (forgot the name, but it's the only one like that). IGN is Devily, in case someone else wants to play.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Free 2 Play

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Forum create on Forumotion | Games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum