View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Yao
Noob Student - Level 1
Noob Student - Level 1

Number of posts : 1336

PostRunes of Magic Close Beta Aug 28, 2008

Here's another game that you guys might wanna give a try. I know that I will.

http://www.runesofmagic.com/

It is very promising. Almost like a cross between FFXI and PW.

Something that no MMORPG game has yet have that this one will:

Server vs Server PvP (tournament).
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Runes of Magic Close Beta Aug 28, 2008 :: Comments

Re: Runes of Magic Close Beta Aug 28, 2008
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 am by rinmotoka
you welcome peiM, ohh one more thing at home wit 1 gb ram a crappy geforce 6600 128mb and athlon xp 3100 on low settings it works kinda crappy and where are lot's of ppl it goes in frames
At work with 4gb ram, e8400 and 7300gt geforece it works great on high settings
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am by Yao
Don't pay attention to the game localization yet. It's still in CB so lots of untranslated texts in the game.

Pay attention to the game play, the interface, the settings (you can do so much), the sceneries, the graphics, the quest system, the PvP system (duals for now), the crafting system, the dual class system, the primary/secondary skill system, the title system, the items upgrade system... damm the list goes on.

Name one other game that has all that :)
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 am by Shekk
my account hasnt been activated
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 pm by hawkeye
Well I like it so far!!!! So happy days
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:21 pm by Yao
A few suggestions on first class to try.

If you like to play warriors in 9D, then you should try Warrior or Rogue in RoM. Rogue is by far the best damage dealer pre-wiped. The last patch makes them alot weaker now but is still quite strong.

If you like to play nuker in 9D, then stick with mage... they still do quite hefty damage. My current char is now Mage.

Priest in RoM is quite different from healers in 9D. So beware if you choose this class.

Scout is the best class for hit/run tactics. So play that if you like that style...

As for knights, I never played this class yet, so I dunno.
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 pm by hawkeye
I am playing a Mage Wink Hawk
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 pm by Shekk
WooT!

happy

happy

happy

happy

client updating

happy

happy

got access to beta board

happy

happy

happy
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:42 pm by Yao
better not be grumpy about the game until you've reached Vanaras city. That's level 10 quest.

PS: I'm updating a new toy at the moment; you'll see it in VIP section soon.

PPS: Don't forget that another wipe on Nov 1, 2008. So don't grind too hard. Just learn the system and do some exploring. So many pretty places.
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 pm by Shekk
Nov 1 is wipe, then another wipe after cbIII ends right? i can mess around all i like:) oh man i'm happy as a cat who just got a new litter box Very Happy
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm by DeadlyHeals
HUH????? How did you all get to play CB RoM... I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY ACCESS TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 pm by Shekk
Oh FFS the update is still at it :) I got bored watching the progress bar (took a while, i was too excited i'm gonna play :P) and i left to watch the game, then took 1 hour phone call and when i got back i realized my conn has been dead for 2 hours :P 184_185 atm :/
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:13 pm by Yao
If you guys have chars in game, please list them here so I can contact for some testing issues.

I have 2 chars in the game (but often afk), you might see any of them. Yinn or Shani
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:16 pm by -li-
i have same char name in both servers. kven. testing out priest and warrior. but will only be online after 8pm ( gmt+8 ) hehe

Last edited by -li- on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm by rinmotoka
I've said mine earlier PinkThug :) the scout with the pinkish hair :))
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 pm by -li-
anyone tried priest yet? i only played for about 5 levels, but it seems quite weak... then when i tried the warrior, i wasted 10 minutes wondering why my rage bar kept dropping and i could not use any skill.... quite silly of me. i tot i had some cursed equipment or -spell effect.... hehe, turned out its like pw where u get more rage only when u fight but in rom it drops back slowly to zero when u are not fighting anymore.
think i will spend some time going through the beta forum since i can access it now... the normal forums doesn't discuss about the different classes much.
Post on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:49 pm by Yao
The beta forum often contains out-of-date informations. Every patch, there's some changes that make existing info no longer valid.

It is best to just play and find out. All the skills will not be the same when OB comes anyway.

Best way to learn is to try out.
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:33 am by Shekk
Servers down? Btw are the servers separated ? Which one do you ppl play on?

edit> oh just saw the stress test is starting in 5 hours or so... damn i cant get to play the game no matter what :/
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:58 am by Yao
Slap, you are SUPPOSED to be playing during stress test. So they can collect data.

I play on Server 1.
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:13 am by Shekk
I know i know, but i have to go play basketball either one hour before the stresstest or one hour into it so i'll be here in a few hours (there is a wipe prior to the test right?)
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 am by Yao
No there is no wipe prior to the test. But server will be offline until the test begins.

There is a wipe at the end of the test though
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:22 am by WarMir
btw. DESTINY Guild thread :
http://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=10110

bump it ;P
Post on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:18 pm by Shekk
Stress test indeed, i'm already stressed out :) Had to make the game look like crap on a stick to get playable FPS in starting area:)
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am by Shekk
So anyone playing CB3?
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:12 am by Knebley-YU
Dunno what CB3 is...but im lvl15 mage on PvP server....Also 1Q...i choosed priest as 2nd role...and i only get xp for mage, how to lvl priest too?
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 am by Rossa
I got some invitations but havent client and wont download it now ;p
VC rules.
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:05 pm by -li-
i tot there would be wipe over the weekend, so never played since last week.
but i just started playing again yesterday after i checked forum saying no more wipe till ob.
kneb, wat ur nick? i added yinn, hawk and shani, but never see anybody online before... hehe
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 pm by Knebley-YU
Winky
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:18 pm by -li-
btw, do we need to be in same server and channel to see each other online?

oops, time to go watch champ league soccer... hehe
Post on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 pm by Shekk
You can whisper/party with someone on the same server but wont have visual contact if you're in different channels, i got like 3 toons, tried playing almost all of the classes and so far, i like mage best since its easy and fast:)

Mage is Nooblet, lvl 17, secondary is priest lvl 13

(Knoob, go into your house and ask the maid to change class, you have to apply for a house with the house angel first, if you haven't already, once you switch class you'll be lvl1 with secondary so best thing to do is prepare some daily quests for lvl 9-10, the more the better, and then turn them with your lvl1 toon, should level it fast, then just switch back, if you're not gonna play your secondary dont level its primary skills just the support ones, also you'll have to do some grind with primary to make up for lack of tp for both classes, every time you're prim gets at most +5-6 levels from secondary repeat the process, should keep you in sync - the other option is to go back to noob zone and take all the alternate quest lines for your secondary: boring as hell after you've done it once:)))

Also have

Krmelj - Rogue( 18 )/Knight( 4 ) pretty much bored of mechanics of rogue dunno if i'll be playing it more

Dumbehind - Knight( 10 )/Healer( 7 ) - still undecided on this one, but melee are slow in general having to run up to mobs and spam skills, not so easy to die but who the hell cares mage can wipe its death debt in minutes:)

Probably gonna end up playing mage through CB till the wipe getting to know the PvE

I never tried logging onto PvP server since its still CB no point in dealing with pvpers when there is so much content for PvE still to be explored Wink
Post on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 am by Knebley-YU
Lolz!Mage is awsome...But i think, the best class for Pking and PvP is rogue, yes?If yes, then ill play rogue then...Also what 2ndary class to choose for rogue pker? Very Happy
Post on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 pm by Shekk
Ask yinn :) i've been playing this for more than a week only Very Happy
Post on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 pm by Knebley-YU
Ok, i ask yinn then...Whats the best pking class in RoM....I pked many ppl with mage in Silverspring...and i always had the hardest time with rogues....Warriors/Knights the easiest targets :) So yinn, whats the best pking class?
Post on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 pm by Yao
Rogue was the strongest class both PvE and PvP prior to wipe.

They make Rogue a lot weaker now. But everything is still tweaking. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Rogue is the best PK class IMO because you can sneak on someone for the first hit.

For PvP, all classes should be balanced (the devs are working to it).

I'm busy with a few projects at work at the moment, so I won't be on much.

Runes of Magic Close Beta Aug 28, 2008

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DESTINY :: Off-Topic :: Games-
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion